Advantages of having an Open House
Just mention the phrase “Open House” to a salesperson and most of the time, they start to panic at the thought of having strangers in their home or preparing for the event.
But in reality the open house is a seller’s best tool because it can: increase initial visibility and potentially shorten the time your home will be on the market!
If you’re thinking of selling, check out these 5 reasons why an open house can make those offers come in faster:
- Even if a picture is worth a thousand words, nothing beats seeing a house in person. This gives you the opportunity to show your home at its best and, if you opt for professional home staging, your decor will receive an immediate upgrade. The idea is to create a striking yet versatile space that helps potential buyers imagine living in their home.
- Social situations relieve tension and help visitors feel less self-conscious. Your consultant can casually chat with them and offer tours that take them through the house in a relaxed way so they can feel comfortable in it.
- Open houses help reduce marketing costs. More people seeing yours in a short period of time usually means a faster sale. It lets you skip weeks of individual visits and enjoy the benefits of a one-day event that optimizes your audience.
- Neighbors can pass by to say hello and, if they are friendly neighbors, take the opportunity to introduce them to potential buyers. Most people looking for a home know that they are not just buying a house – they are “buying” the neighborhood and the community together. And it’s good that you fall in love with them too.
- It is an opportunity to mention some additional extras, such as the best spots in the neighborhood, your favorite restaurants, grocery stores, services and information about schools in the region.
Need help selling and showing your home? Talk to me!